| Downtown | The North End | Barry Square | The South End | Parkville | Frog Hollow | Trinity College | Behind the Rocks | The University of Hartford | The West End | Asylum Hill | Elizabeth Park

Trinity College
Tremere Territory

Founded in the spring of 1823 as Washington College (the name was changed in 1845), Trinity was only the second college in Connecticut. Although its earliest heritage was Episcopalian, its principal founder and first president having been a Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Connecticut, its charter prohibits the imposition of religious standards on any student, faculty members or other members of the college.

The buildings that surround the main quad are generally viewed as one of America's earliest examples of “collegiate Gothic” architecture and, together with the imposing Gothic chapel completed in 1932, are a compelling reminder of the medieval origins of collegiate institutions.

Trinity is a walled and gated bastillion of middle class intellectualism surrounded by the contrasting poverty of its neighbors.